With all the big box and dollar discount stores around these days many people have forgotten the real value of things. This is especially true now that the hand made revival is in full swing.
There is a lot that goes into determining the price of a project. It is a delicate balance between pricing accurately for the true value of an item and undercharging what our time is worth. For a local small business, competing with the prices of retail stores is not possible. But what you get in return is far more valuable.
If you feel the price is too high consider this:
- None of our products are manufactured.
- Everything is made locally in London, Ontario Canada.
- All items are made by hand, by one person (two at most).
- Supplies are bought as locally as possible.
- Our team constantly spends time and money upgrading their skills.
- We only charge for sewing time but many more hours go into your project outside of sewing time.
- Once our costs are taken out we don’t make much more than minimum wage.
Benefits of custom work:
- Handmade quality is superior to mass-produced manufactured items.
- These items are investment pieces that will last for years. Much longer than mass-produced goods.
- These pieces will fit you perfectly. No further alterations will be needed unless your body or need changes.
- Personalized, one-on-one customer service, with a real person or small team of people.
- Supporting local businesses is good for the economy and humanity.
When is custom work right for you?
- You have a unique idea that can’t be found ready made in stores or online.
- You have unique needs that can’t be accommodated by manufactured clothes. (E.G.: male wanting female clothes, transitioning, unique body shape, etc.)
- You need extensive alterations to a garment(s). Basic pant hemming is not considered extensive alterations and is more cost effectively done at local dry cleaners, etc.
Your time is valuable. Please remember ours is too.